Saturday, May 21, 2011

out of hibernation

I have been hiding out, not posting much, not writing much, not playing much, being more of an introvert than I usually am. It has been the right thing to do for the past little while. I am glad for it. I have turned my energy and focus at least partially away from the outside world of friends, causes, entertainment, and general gallivanting. This doesn't mean I've been a hermit, just significantly less of a gabber, gadabout and getter-done of things apart from my closest circle and myself.

Most of what I have been doing is not my story to tell, so I will not go into details. Suffice to say, all is well, I am well, the people who I love are well. Many great things have happened during this quieter, more inward phase for me and the people about whom I care most. It has been a good investment of time and energy and love. I think it has changed me some. I understand now that the world will turn whether I spin it or not, that I can rest and not let everyone down, and that just being in one place can be the kindest and most generous choice available.

Crawling out of hibernation, I think I will take life a bit more generously and slowly, and enjoy things a bit more. That's not to say I won't multi-task or be generally more energetic than your average bear. I'm still me. I've just re-set my own inner gauges to be a bit more curious, observant and caringly responsive, and I like how that feels.

I've got lots of updates on life to share in my upcoming blog posts. You'll guess from a few of those where some of my energy and love has been going. I hope you are still checking in and reading, and that you haven't been discouraged by the scarcity of posts in recent months.

I am back. I missed the blog. I missed the happy blah blah. But it has been, and continues to be well worth it.

question: are you there?

mompoet - I am here.

No comments: